University Hospital Emergency Medical Services
University Hospital Emergency Medical Services actively recruits certified and experienced professionals to join our team. UH-EMS currently employs over 300 personnel assigned to a multitude of positions and assignments in full-time, part-time, and per-diem capacities.
Hiring and employment are coordinated by the University Hospital Department of Human Resources. For current openings, please visit the University Hospital Hiring Center section of the of the UH HR website. All applications for employment must be submitted online through University Hospital Human Resources. More information on hiring polices, job descriptions, bargaining agreements, and benefits may be found on the HR website.
Entry-level opportunities generally exist for ALS, BLS, and Dispatch personnel. Please click the following links for our job descriptions:
- Salary and benefits are determined by the current collective bargaining agreement in place with University Hospital.
- Additional training, college degrees, instructor certifications, and the ability to speak Spanish is desirable.
- All UH-EMS personnel are employed by the State of New Jersey through University Hospital. UHNJ offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including all applicable state benefits and pensions for those eligible.
- All full & part time non-supervisory personnel are members of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 97
- All EMS Supervisors are members of the International Association of EMTs and Paramedics, Local 100
- UH-EMS complies with all applicable federal, state, and university hiring policies.
- UH-EMS is an equal opportunity employer.